What is Voice Dialogue?
Voice Dialogue is a powerful method of healing and integration based on the understanding that our identities are multifaceted, or made up of many different selves. Many of us notice these selves through an inner debate or conflict when making tough decisions. Sometimes we wonder why we acted a certain way when it seems contradictory to opposing beliefs we hold. These selves or parts determine our reality, how we see the world, how we behave, and how we express ourselves. This variety in the selves is natural and healthy, but whenever we identify strongly with a self, it's easy for us to think that is the totality of who we are. Through the work of Voice Dialogue, we begin to see how the selves serve us, why they came to be, and how they can be limiting. In facilitation, we talk with the parts directly and develop awareness in relationship to them. We become creative participants in caring for vulnerability, making room for repressed or disowned energies, and utilizing the full gifts of the self.
Some of the Benefits of voice dialogue facilitation
- Deepen connections and intimacy in relationships
- More freedom in self expression
- Understanding the root cause of patterns that aren't working for you
- Develop new ways of being in the world
- Learn how to care for your underlying vulnerability and heal old wounds
- Access parts that you may have felt are lacking, such as creativity or sexuality
- Learn how to stay balanced when life is stressful
- Gain a deeper understanding of yourself
'Selves or parts are constantly operating in everyone...they are the energy systems that experience life. Voice Dialogue gives us a chance to objectify them, to recognize them, to name them, to understand them and work with them creatively. When we use Voice Dialogue, we are becoming sensitive to dramas played out by the selves.' -Dr. Hal Stone